That said, let's round up what I've been writing since we last met here.
I wrote a few things for WhoCulture:
- 20 Actors Who Have Appeared In Both Classic And New Doctor Who (There are more than 20, but I winnowed down the list.)
- Doctor Who: 5 Surefire Ways To Push The Doctor's Buttons (Not my headline)
- 10 Things You Never Knew About Peter Capaldi (I'd been meaning to do a post like this somewhere for awhile.)
- 10 Things That Would Make Doctor Who Better (The stats on this had a glitch, so I was never quite sure how far this one was shared, but I enjoyed writing it.)
- Doctor Who: 10 Things You Never Realised About Series 8 (Easter eggs, callbacks, that sort of thing.)
And at Persephone Magazine:
- Women by Chloe Caldwell (This was also crossposted to Ravishly.)
- Poll: When Do You Give Up on a Book? I talk about 3 books I gave up on and why. (also at Ravishly)
- West of Sunset by Stuart O'Nan
- 3 Book Recommendations: Illuminating Women’s Lives (includes books from Julia Fierro, Jenny Offill, and Tessa Hadley)
- Read More Poetry: Life on Mars by Tracy K. Smith (crosspost/classic review from Glorified Love Letters, but the more I remind people to read this book, the better.)
- The Chronology of Water by Lidia Yuknavitch (ditto)
- Electric Literature No.2 (what's the word one uses after using ditto already? double-ditto?)
- Doctor Who: Interview with Ninth Doctor Comic Writer Cavan Scott
- "Machinehead" single by Bush
- Top 5 Lindsey Buckingham Songs
- "Can't Be Sure" by The Sundays
- 3 Anticipated 2015 Albums
- “She Likes” by Demosexual (Limited Edition) [This is the story of my bad influence and haphazard memory leading to multiple purchases of the same record.]
- My Aim is True by Elvis Costello
I won't bother to list every Friday News Bites, but here's the most recent one. Same for Notes From Elsewhere at Word Riot. Here's the WR Blog link, and from there you can see my updates, along with a few other guest writers I brought into the fold over the past few months.
Until next time, friends.