At Persephone Magazine, I spent the first part of April subbing for Sally Lawton with her Dispatches From Ladyblogland and News Appetizers posts.
- Dispatches From Ladyblogland: That Takes Eggs, Man - featuring cats, Jon Hamm feeling like probably every actress on Mad Men, not being a dick to your short friends, and more.
- Dispatches From Ladyblogland: Entertainment Edition: "Dear Straight People, We have to talk," eradicating biphobia, women and tattoos, basketball player Brittney Griner, and more.
- News Appetizers: Now with More Reasons to Leave Work Early: the 17 year cicadas are coming, y'all. Also, other newsworthy things.
- News Appetizers: Frustrations with The Man Edition: Empire Records-themed newsy things, Russell Brand's thoughts on Margaret Thatcher, and more.
- 30 Years of Music: 2001: featuring Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire, Ani DiFranco, Ben Folds, Bush, Daft Punk, Incubus, Jay-Z, Jewel, Pete Yorn, Ryan Adams, The Donnas, The Strokes, Tori Amos, Travis, and Whiskeytown
- 30 Years of Music: 2002: featuring Atmosphere, Audioslave, Badly Drawn Boy, Beth Orton (featuring Johnny Marr), Blackalicious, Bruce Springsteen, Doves, Justin Timberlake, Oasis, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rilo Kiley, and Ryan Adams.
- 30 Years of Music: 2003: featuring AFI, Atmosphere, Avenue Q, Beyonce, Brother Ali, Fleetwood Mac, Goldfrapp, Jay-Z, Jet, Johnny Marr + The Healers, Outkast, Rasputina, Ryan Adams, Ted Leo and The Pharmacists, The White Stripes, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
Just one Notes From Elsewhere at Word Riot since I last did a link roundup: April 3 features David Tennant reciting a Shakespeare sonnet, authors as teenagers, free Woolf books and more.
Until next time.