Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Internal News as of 10-23-13: Record Machine, Massive Notes From Elsewhere + More


Good lord, once again I've waited a long time to do one of these update things. All right, let's get right to the boatload of things I've been up to when I haven't been posting things here.

First off, two weeks ago, I went to the Montana Festival of the Book in Missoula. That photo up there has my acquired goods, more or less:


  • Blasphemy: Short Stories by Sherman Alexie (didn't get it signed because that crowd was madness and I had a friend to catch up with.)
  • What I Didn't See and Other Stories by Karen Joy Fowler (signed)
  • Rough Day: Poems by Ed Skoog (signed)
  • Godforsaken Idaho by Shawn Vestal (signed)


Then I already owned these, but I brought them along to get them signed:




So, yes, I did buy 4 books even though I have 100 sitting here waiting to be read. WHATEVER, MAAAN.

Anyway, while I was there, I was in the audience for J Robert Lennon and Ed Skoog's podcast, Lunch Box, for Episode 42. I'd visited Montgomery Distillery instead of having lunch that day, so I'll just say that it was the gin that made me shout out something about Brooks and Dunn, just before the 17 minute mark.

And at the 33 minute mark, I mention my stylish son while also not realizing my family is sitting behind me.

(My voice does not sound that high-pitched in my head.)

Seriously though, both Festival of the Book and Montgomery Distillery's gin are well worth your time.

Moving on.

At Quirk Books: DIY, I wrote about necklaces made about typewriter keys. I own one with an S key, and I like it a lot.

My review of The Queen: A Life in Brief now also appears at Pajiba.

Okay, let's get to what I've written at Persephone Magazine:


In newsy P-Mag matters:

Other P-Mag Posts:

And now onto Notes From Elsewhere posts at Word Riot:
  • 9-17-13: 8 Literary Lists and Poet Tributes
  • 9-20-13: The Perils of Book Publication and More #Franzenfreude
  • 9-28-13: Time to Work! Prompts, Contests, Submissions, more
  • 10-9-13: Word Riot Author News, "Urgent, Unheard Stories," more
  • 10-13-13: Bowie, Slush-Pile Avoidance, Man Booker 2013, etc.
  • 10-20-13: Personal Stories, Prizes, Publishing News

I am reasonably sure that is all. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment