Girl, what's my weakness?
Here's what I've been writing lately when I haven't been here. At Persephone Magazine:
- 30 Years of Music: 1992, featuring Aphex Twin, Tori Amos, No Doubt, En Vogue, The Cure, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Whitney Houston, Sade, Blind Melon, Happy Mondays, and Rage Against The Machine.
- 30 Years of Music: 1993, where I couldn't keep myself to 10 songs. Featuring Janet Jackson, Salt n Pepa, Snoop, Lenny Kravitz, Radiohead, Suede, Nirvana, Björk, Sheryl Crow, Smashing Pumpkins, James, Letters to Cleo, Sarah McLachlan, Mazzy Star, and 10,000 Maniacs.
- An Embarrassment of Reading Riches: in which I once again get cranky about lazy journalism (all time pet peeve, yo), and talk about the attempt at cramming as many words into my brain as possible.
- Book to Film Adaptations: High Fidelity: I even made an infographic, using a photo of an old record case I have as a background.
- Discussion: Kids in Non-Kid Places: Unlike the rest of the internet, P-Mag commenters are nice to each other in parenting articles.
- This Week's Best of Pinterest: funny cats and a llama included.
And at Word Riot, Notes From Elsewhere:
- 1-28-13: Lots of Richard Blanco links. And other things.
- 1-30-13: Library-inspired Valentines, graphic novel suggestions and more.
- 2-1-13: A funny letter to the editor, T Cooper, and some pretty cool book arts.
- 2-8-13: a sale at Akashic, an article about the weird things our memory does, and more.
That's all for now.