Here's what I've been up to lately when I haven't been here:
I realized that I never mentioned here that I have a bit o'flash fiction in Little Fiction's latest collection: Little (flash) Fiction. It's called "Your Wrists are Small." I also have a bit of short fiction in their collection Listerature, which came out earlier this year.
(And why YES, I do still write fiction and not just book reviews and rambling malarkey. Yes, malarkey.)
At Word Riot:
- Notes From Elsewhere 9-21: I talk about David Abrams, old library photos, and how to respond to reviews, among other things.
- Notes From Elsewhere 9-29: Somehow I managed to work Grumpy Cat into my literary linky roundup. Also, Cheryl Strayed, Kevin Sampsell, Warren Ellis, and Sherlock Holmes.
At Persephone Magazine:
- Book Review: She'd Waited Millennia by Lizzie Hutton: A lovely collection of poetry.
- Alphabet Soup: The Letter U: featuring Amanda Palmer, Sifl n Olly, Lykke Li, Alanis Morissette, Oasis, Diego Garcia, David Bowie and Queen
- Book Review: The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith: One of my all-time favorite books.
- Wayne of Gotham by Tracy Hickman
- The Boys of Summer by Ciarán West
- Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon
- Cheshire Born by John Wright
- Out of True by Amy Durant
- How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
- The Burning House edited by Foster Huntington
- A Secret History of Coffee, Coca & Cola by Ricardo Cortéz
- The Curious Incident of the Dog at Nighttime by Mark Haddon
(Why, yes, my reading has outpaced my reviewing again. Just thought I'd let you know what you're in for soon..ish.)
Annnd I think that about does it for now. Until next time.