Oh, hey. Kinda forgot to update you all on what I've been doing lately. I've also got another book review cooking that will be up here within the next day or so. First off, let's check-in with the P-Mag updates:
- NEW COLUMN! 30 Years of Music: 1983: featuring Michael Jackson, Madonna, Eurythmics, Cyndi Lauper, REM, Elton John, The Cure, Violent Femmes, New Order, and Johnny Cash.
- That's Not My Name: Difficult Spelling and Pronunciation: How to pronounce "Habein" and other thoughts on names.
- Book Review: A Secret History of Coffee, Coca and Cola written/illustrated by Ricardo Cortés
- 30 Years of Music: 1984: featuring Prince, Christine McVie, Talk Talk, Style Council, Bruce Springsteen, Echo & The Bunnymen, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, U2, The Smiths, and Siouxsie and The Banshees.
- What I Watched Last Night: Sherlock, "The Reichenbach Fall" : If you are not caught up on this show, do not click that link.
- 30 Years of Music: 1985: featuring Tom Waits, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Style Council, Heart, The Cure, INXS, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Kate Bush, Pet Shop Boys, and Slade.
- About That Santa Thing... The jig is up.
- Five Favorite Books: 2012: Want to know what my five favorite books that I've read this year are? (Barring something outstanding this month, of course.)
- The Third Bar, a Snow Patrol-dedicated site, linked to my photos from their Portland gig.
- Xe Sands recorded an audio version of my bit of flash fiction, "Your Wrists are Small." I love it.
- Chapbook Review: Shift by Alyse Bensel, now at Word Riot.
- My poem, "We Remain," is in the new issue of RiverLit.
I think that's it. I'm overdue for a new Notes From Elsewhere, but one will be up soon.