Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Internal News as of 9-18-12:

Torchwood Makeout Action. Get in.
Once again, it is time for "Things I Wrote That Didn't Appear Here." We have music, we have Torchwood, we have something that isn't from either Persephone or Word Riot. Enjoy.

At Ploughshares, I talk about why Great Falls, Montana is a "Literary Borough." Hey, don't laugh. We've got plenty of shit (new shit!) going on. Rather than complain, we create our own show. (Though, yes, I do find it funny that I wrote something for a rather respected MFA-related publication when I have nary an undergraduate degree.)

And in case you missed it, here's an interview I did over at The Bluestocking Guide about my reading and book reviewing habits.

At Word Riot, my Notes From Elsewhere for 9-16-12 include an adorable video with Dan Wilbur and Emma Straub, a cake that looks like the cover of Michael Chabon's Telegraph Avenue (a book I'll review here soon), Chuck Wendig talking about creative person survival, and much more.

Here are the latest P-Mag posts since we last did an Internal News roundup:


  • Alphabet Soup: The Letter R: featuring Jimi Hendrix, Tori Amos, David Bowie, Bye Bye Birdie, Oasis, Blues Traveler, and Adele.
  • Get in My Belly: Miso Potato Salad with Green Beans: A recipe I'll have to tinker with to get just right, but one that's pretty good nonetheless.
  • Alphabet Soup: The Letter S: One of my favorite letters with some of my very favorite songs. Includes (yes, again) Oasis, The Stone Roses, The Frames, Fleetwood Mac, Bush, AFI, Lisa Loeb, Rocky Horror Picture Show, George Harrison, and Elvis.
  • Torchwood Series 1: Sex and Mortality: For over a year, I've been saying I was going to write an essay on this show because I think it has a lot going on, thematically. Finally, I have my thoughts up on Series 1. When P-Mag's recaps of Series 2 finish in a few months, I'll have another.
  • Alphabet Soup: The Letter T: Fresh today! Features music from Ryan Adams, PJ Harvey, The Jam, The Smiths, Oasis, Dum Dum Girls, Burt Bachrach, Lindsey Buckingham, Noel Gallagher, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, The Ting Tings, INXS, and AFI. Yes, another jumbo-sized letter.


And I do believe that covers it for now! I've got 5 books sitting here that I need to review soon, and a review of Lizzie Hutton's She'd Waited Millennia will go up on P-Mag later this week. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment