Monday, September 10, 2012

Book Blogger Appreciation Week: Suggested Reading

I don't remember what made me stumble across Book Blogger Appreciation Week two years ago. Perhaps it was something I saw on Twitter. However, it's been a fun way to give a shout-out to the rather active community of readers floating about the internet. Today I'd like to direct your attention to some other reviewers whose work I enjoy.

Cannonball Read: This project is how I got into reviewing books in the first place. On the main CBR site, you can find reviews from everyone participating in the challenge to read and review a certain amount of books within one year. Genre and length vary, and the reviewers are searchable by tags, so if someone has similar reading tastes to you, it's pretty easy to find everything that they've read this year.

...And Then I Read Some More: This is my friend Karo's site. If you dig Swedish crime novels, she's your gal. She reads other things too, of course, and if you're ever in need of an English to German translator, she is, again, your gal.

The Quivering Pen: David Abrams has his own book coming out this week, Fobbit, but he also runs this great literary site. He's from Butte, Montana, and as a fellow Montana resident, I am happily obligated to do the whole, "Wooo! Home State Represent!" thing.

Farrar, Straus & Giroux: This publisher has a good tumblr filled with all sorts of odds and ends related to their books, plus various other literary things.

The Rumpus: Seriously, you are reading The Rumpus already, right? Between Sugar, Roxane Gay, Sari Botton, Steve Almond, and Rick Moody (and that's not even covering a fraction of the excellent writers there), it's well worth your perusal.

I'll stop at 5 sites, but do feel free to shout out your favorites in the comments. Come back tomorrow for my interview with fellow book reviewer, Brooke Bonett of The Bluestocking Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment