Saturday, May 12, 2012

Internal News as of 5-12-12

May 12 is Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Awareness Day. Combine an awful flu with a hangover, subtract the puking, and you'll get a bit of an idea of what my bad days are like. Read more about my experiences and a more detailed list of symptoms in my review of Toni Bernard's book How to Be Sick.

Longtime readers of this site may remember my Alphabet Soup project from 2008 -- a year I can't believe was four years ago already. In it, I talked about my 5 favorite songs for each letter of the alphabet. I've always felt like there were things I'd missed and that I could to do a better job with the project, so I'm pleased to say it's been revived! Head on over to Persephone Magazine for the first installment, The Letter A. Each new letter installment will appear on Tuesdays.

Also at P-Mag, I talk a little bit about watching Luther.

Over at Word Riot, my weekly Notes From Elsewhere covers all kinds of goodies, from interviews with Grace Paley and Rick Moody, to bookshelf ogling, to Japanese moveable type, to literary cocktails. Plus a bunch of other stuff. Go take a look-see.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to make myself clean the kitchen before I work on another book review.

No comments:

Post a Comment