Friday, April 27, 2012

The Smart Girl's Guide to the G-Spot by Violet Blue (+ other Internal News as of 4-27-12)

At Persephone Magazine, I review The Smart Girl's Guide to the G-Spot by Violet Blue. An interesting, straightforward guide that is both fun and science-y. Consider that review #18 for Cannonball Read purposes.

Also at P-Mag, I talk about watching the 2005 BBC miniseries, Bleak House. And still manage to talk about Doctor Who because that's how I roll.

There have also been two Notes From Elsewhere link roundups over at Word Riot since I last did a, er, link roundup here. (I SWEAR, my internet existence is not all about link roundups.) Today, I talked about bathroom reading, a novel about chronic fatigue syndrome, writing-related research, and Pablo Neruda confirming what I already knew: All the wine in Chile is good.

Last week at WR, I talked about Jonathan Franzen being cranky again, Chloe Caldwell cat-sitting for Cheryl Strayed, and The Black Book of Colors, among other things.

World Book Night US 2012 - Just Kids by Patti SmithAlso, I was a giver for World Book Night this past Monday. I gave away 20 copies of Just Kids by Patti Smith to a couple teachers, 4 lifeguards, some skate park kids, a bartender, a dude sitting at said bar, and some other local performers/musician-types. Twas fun.

I believe that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment