Monday, April 23, 2012

Agorafabulous! by Sara Benincasa

My review of Agorafabulous! Dispatches from my Bedroom by Sara Benincasa is now up at Persephone Magazine. Here’s an excerpt from the review:

“I get where Sara Benincasa is coming from with her memoir Agorafabulous! If anxieties were easily explainable, and therefore more easily worked through, life would be a lot different for just about everyone. However, we wouldn’t have nearly as many funny/ridiculous stories to tell people: ‘Dude, you think you’re alone with your panic attacks? This one time, I…’

This book collects those stories, as well as Benincasa’s steps towards being a more reliably functioning person. ‘I subscribe to the notion that if you can laugh at the shittiest moments in your life, you can transcend them,’ she says. ‘And if other people can laugh at your awful shit as well, then I guess you can officially call yourself a comedian.’”


Read the whole thing here.

(#16/26+ for Cannonball Read.)

No comments:

Post a Comment